Friday, April 12, 2024

Dreaming

Sometimes, I dream about sitting on the deck on a warm Spring day with a cool, gentle breeze blowing through my hair and sipping on a tall glass of ice cold sweet tea.  I ponder what it would be like to stand in God's presence, sit by the crystal clear brook of heaven or lie down with the lion without fear.  My imagination runs wild when I'm having a challenging day and I think about sitting down with a fresh batch of warm cookies. But there is nothing quite like basking in the glory of the Holy Spirit and spending time with God.

The Psalmist understood this longing when he said, "As the deer pants after the water brooks, so my soul pants after Thee." (Psalm 42:1) May the longing and craving of our heart always be in pursuit of more of God in our lives. May we desire Him more, as if we've been a deer that has trudged through the forest and gone days without water. Longing ever so deeply to walk in His Presence and sit at His Feet. That longing will bring you to the place of determination to stand in the Presence of the Spirit of God and gain sweet refreshment that only God can give.