Thursday, April 11, 2024

Find Peace

Finding peace is the result of being sold out to God. Scripture teaches, He is our peace. When we abide in Him and His Word abides in us - the result is the peace of God.

In Romans 6:6-7, Scripture records, “We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin.” 

Before I prayed and committed my life to Christ I had sold my soul to sin. I was a slave to sin, and carnal in my ways. All I cared about was myself. My heart sought its own way and I was held captive to the things of this world. My desires were all about me. I was driven to please my flesh and serve the lusts of my own mind. There was a constant war within me and I had no peace. I was spiritually empty.

I now have peace and victory by the blood of the cross of Calvary. Christ redeemed my sin and I am delivered from the bondage of sin and death. According to 1 Corinthians 6:20, I have been bought with a price - the precious blood of Jesus. This new found relationship with God brings tremendous peace.

Walk daily in the peace of God. The Spirit of God dwells in you.