Sunday, April 14, 2024

Active Faith

It is said that faith is not faith at all without a life of obedience.  I have given this much thought and I must agree.  Obedience is a high virtue that protrudes from the very depth of our soul.  It is actually a result of our faith in Christ Jesus.  For Jesus said to a group of people in Scripture - If you love me you will keep my commandments.

When we accept Christ as Lord of our life, our desires and priorities change.  When we are transformed spiritually by the Spirit of God, we are eager to please God with our actions and we follow His precepts in an act of obedience.  In John 14:21 Scripture records, "Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me."

Obedience is not something we do.  Obedience is a result of a heart that lines up with the Holy Scripture.  It is a direct result of a heart that has been purged by the Spirit transformed by a fresh and vibrant relationship with God.  We want to be obedient because we are now in Christ. When someone speaks of my faith, I want them to say I possess active faith - faith that is shown daily in my walk with God.